You have no items in your shopping cart.
How to Get Taller
This entry was posted on April 30, 2014.
Society has accustomed us to linking taller men with masculine qualities such as success, ambition and confidence. Taller men often get the girl, the job and the promotion among other rewards. Why? Because height is an indicator of good genes and this helps in the worlds of dating and business where people judge you and make assumptions about you based on how you look and dress. It is not fair, but it is reality.
Being taller will help you be more confident, be the leader, and be 'the man'. All the qualities you acquire from simply being taller translate to greater success in job interviews, dating, business, socialising and life in general.
Let's look at a relevant study conducted by scientists in Europe. 3,200 men aged 25 to 60 were included in the study, and scientists found a difference between men who had one child, and men who did not have any children. That difference was that the men who had children were an average of 1.2 inches taller than the childless men. Similarly, bachelors were also 1 inch shorter on average than married men.
Here's a study you can do yourself: Go to the personals section in the newspaper or browse through a dating site. Notice something interesting about men and height? The only men who advertise their height are the men who are already tall. These men understand what advantages being tall gives you, and they're taking advantage of it.
Height is only one of many indicators of good genes, but if you can make it work in your favour, even out the playing field and look good in the process, then why not?
How can I look taller?
Looking taller comes down to two key areas: Posture and Fashion.
Posture is the most important component when considering height increase, because straightening up your posture can make you look better in seconds. That's just straightening yourself up now! Most of us know good posture when we see it, and we are inspired by how free and strong it makes a person look, so make it happen for yourself! Excessive curvatures due to overuse and chronic stress compress the natural length of the spinal column, so straightening these curvatures out by stretching specific muscles and strengthening others is a great way to appear taller. If you allocate some time in your day to do this, it will make an incredible difference in not only how tall you look but will make you appear a great deal more confident to others as well. Get into the habit of doing self-checks throughout your day so you can become more consciously aware of the type of posture you're using. If you have poor posture from overuse such as working a desk job, or poor weight training, the difference in your energy levels will be huge once your posture improves.
Fashion And Grooming For Height
As men, we all have an ideal physique we'd love to achieve. This varies from guy to guy, but there are some general areas that we can all agree on: We all want to be taller and we all want the "V" (wider shoulders and narrower waist). Below are some fashion and grooming tips - literally from head to toe - to help you achieve a great look:
- If your hair is long enough, this can add inches to your height. Any issue of your local fashion magazine will probably have at least five photos of hairstyles that follow the principle of being tall on the top and short on the sides. This is a double strategy to achieve the illusion of height.
- Wear jackets and coats with shoulder pads can help you achieve the ultra-desirable "V" (as above).
- Wear a coat or jacket that's the perfect length. It should end where the buttocks meet the legs. A poorly fitted jacket is not only a fashion disaster, it has a negative effect on your height image.
- Wear a single coloured outfit, or have colours that blend well together. Once a colour break is introduced, your body becomes visually divided, and that will accentuate your short stature.
- Wear clothes with vertical lines or striping. This is a visual trick both men and women use all the time (especially in television and film), and no one ever realises.
- Legs & Feet:
- Match the colour of your pants and shoes colour to make your legs appear longer. Altitude Shoes come in various colours and shades so these are a perfect complement to any pair of pants you wear.
- Wear shoes with thick soles to add the illusion of height, such as Altitude Shoes.
Can I grow taller?
Genetic factors determine around 60-80% of our height, the rest can be influenced by environmental effects, nutrition in particular. Our adult height is the result of an intricate combination of these elements: Physiology, Genetics and Hormones. Short of taking certain drugs with adverse side effects, there isn't much we can do about these. However, there are variables we DO have some control over including sleep, nutrition and doing our best to avoid alcohol and other harmful substances. More on this below:
Human growth hormone is released under conditions of sleep. In men, 60% to 70% of daily human growth hormone secretion occurs during early sleep which is typically when the deepest sleep cycles occur, thus sleep has a profound effect on growth and physical well being.
Alcohol, smoking and drugs
It's tempting to indulge in one or more of these when we're in party mode, but it's also important to consider the consequences as the human body doesn't take too kindly towards these growth poisons.
Nutrition is an incredibly complex topic so we will just cover the basics here. Food is our body's fuel. It is what gives us the energy to move and the materials to repair and rebuild our body's structures such as hair, skin, nails and muscles. There is a HUGE variety of foods that can be consumed in your diet, and the more you try to include in your diet, the better. This is especially the case for fruits and vegetables. Foods you should be getting more of:
- Lean beef, chicken, tukey and pork - Perfectly engineered to build and repair human muscle and other tissues involved with growth.
- Fish and fish oil - Fish has the same quality protein as the lean meats mentioned above, but you also get the benefit of the healthy fats found in fish.
- Nuts (as well as olive oil and avocado) - High in monounsaturated fat which is important for testosterone.
- Fruits and vegetables - Packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals. These keep you healthy, fight off cancer and can help you to look younger too.
- Whole grains and beans - Excellent low GI, high fibre source of carbohydrate.
- Low fat dairy - Essential for bone strength.
You might remember the tall guys in high school who always got picked for sports, or who always got the girls. Or maybe you're still watching the tall guys at work getting promoted, or getting beautiful women. You don't have to watch anymore - thanks to height shoes, you can play too.
Another Solution - Wearing Height Increasing Shoes
Enter the elevator shoe industry, also known as height increasing shoe industry. Height-increasing (or elevator) shoes, became popular as short men started wearing them to compensate for their lack of height.
Thousands of men all over the world want good quality height increasing shoes that not only look good and fit comfortably, but discreetly added inches to their height as well. The right elevator shoes will make you feel amazing at a party, in a meeting or in a job interview because of the confidence that simply being taller gives you. Women have make up, hair products and push-up bras to help them look good. Men have Altitude Shoes.
So how do elevator shoes work?
A good pair of height increasing shoes such as Altitude Shoes can make you look up to 4 inches taller, and nobody will know your secret.
From the outside, they are simply stylish men's footwear. However, the real magic occurs inside the shoe, where a separate insole adds discreet inches to your height. The mid-soles help to preserve the good condition of your leather insoles so you can get the most out of your shoes and the outer soles have a heel that adds another inch or two. Combine these aspects and you have up to 4 inches of extra height.
Well-designed elevator shoes are as comfortable as they are stylish. The shoes have a normal heel making it almost impossible to discern from any ordinary casual dress or business shoe. They can be for long term wear or taken out on special occasions such as weddings or dinner parties (our customers particularly like wearing their pair when meeting new people). Most men choose to wear elevator shoes in their everyday movements because they become accustomed to the feeling of being taller and being more confident as a result.