You have no items in your shopping cart.
How To Get Taller
Introduction To Getting Taller
Society has accustomed us to linking taller men with masculine qualities such as success, ambition and confidence. Taller men often get the girl, the job and the promotion among other rewards. Why? Because height is an indicator of good genes and this helps in the worlds of dating and business where people judge you and make assumptions about you based on how you look and dress. It is not fair, but it is reality.
Being taller will help you be more confident, be the leader, and be 'the man'. All the qualities you acquire from simply being taller translate to greater success in job interviews, dating, business, socialising and life in general.
Let's look at a relevant study conducted by scientists in Europe. 3,200 men aged 25 to 60 were included in the study, and scientists found a difference between men who had one child, and men who did not have any children. That difference was that the men who had children were an average of 1.2 inches taller than the childless men. Similarly, bachelors were also 1 inch shorter on average than married men.
Here's a study you can do yourself: Go to the personals section in the newspaper or browse through a dating site. Notice something interesting about men and height? The only men who advertise their height are the men who are already tall. These men understand what advantages being tall gives you, and they're taking advantage of it.
Height is only one of many indicators of good genes, but if you can make it work in your favor, even out the playing field and look good in the process, then why not?
How We Can Get Taller
Looking taller comes down to two key areas: Posture and Fashion.
Posture is the most important component when considering height increase, because straightening up your posture can make you look better in seconds. That's just straightening yourself up now! Most of us know good posture when we see it, and we are inspired by how free and strong it makes a person look, so make it happen for yourself! Excessive curvatures due to overuse and chronic stress compress the natural length of the spinal column, so straightening these curvatures out by stretching specific muscles and strengthening others is a great way to appear taller. If you allocate some time in your day to do this, it will make an incredible difference in not only how tall you look but will make you appear a great deal more confident to others as well.
Get into the habit of doing self-checks throughout your day so you can become more consciously aware of the type of posture you're using. If you have poor posture from overuse such as working a desk job, or poor weight training, the difference in your energy levels will be huge once your posture improves.
Fashion And Grooming For Height
Below are some great tips in fashion and grooming
- If your hair is long enough, this can add inches to your height. Any issue of your local fashion magazine will probably have at least 5 different hairstyles you can find in photographs that honour the principle of being tall on the top and short on the sides. This is a double strategy to achieve the illusion of height.
- Wear a single coloured outfit, or have colours that blend well together. Once a colour break is introduced, your body becomes visually divided, and that will accentuate your short stature.
- Match your pants' colour with your shoes colour to make the legs look longer.
- Wear clothes with vertical lines or striping. Vertical lines or stripping make a person appear taller. It's a visual trick both men and women use all the time (especially in television and film), and no one ever realises.
- As men, we all have an ideal physique we'd love to achieve. This varies from guy to guy, but there are some general areas that we can all agree on: We all want to be taller and we all want the 'V' (wider shoulders and narrower waist). Wearing jackets and coats with shoulder pads can help you achieve this look, and as a result, people will make positive assumptions about you.
- Wear a coat or jacket that is of the perfect length. They should end where the buttocks meet the legs. This item of clothing should end where the buttocks meet the legs. A poorly fitted jacket is not only a fashion disaster, it has a negative effect on your height image. Complement the right length with shoulder pads and the other strategies you're being given right now, and you can instantly appear taller to everyone wherever you are.
- Matching the colour of your pants with your shoes is a great way to create the illusion that you have longer legs. Making the belt the same colour as the pants simply looks like your pants so this doesn't achieve the same effect as having the right shoes does (Altitude Shoes come in various colours and shades so these are perfect to complement any pair of pants you wear).
- Wear shoes with thick soles to add the illusion of height, such as Altitude Shoes.
How We Can Grow Taller
Genetic factors can determine 60 to possibly 80 percent of the difference in height between people, the rest can be attributed to environmental effects, nutrition in particular. Our adult height is the result of an intricate combination of these elements: Physiology, Genetics and Hormones.
Short of taking certain drugs with adverse side effects, there isn't much we can do about these. However, there are variables we DO have some control over including sleep, nutrition and doing our best to avoid alcohol and other harmful substances. More on this below:
Human growth hormone is released under conditions of sleep. In men, 60% to 70% of daily human growth hormone secretion occurs during early sleep which is typically when the deepest sleep cycles occur, thus sleep has a profound effect on growth and physical well being.
Alcohol, smoking and drugs
It's tempting to indulge in one or more of these when we're in party mode, but it's also important to consider the consequences as the human body doesn't take too kindly towards these growth poisons.
Nutrition is an incredibly complex topic so we will just cover the basics here.
Food is our body's fuel. It is what gives us the energy to move and the materials to repair and rebuild our body's structures such as hair, skin, nails and muscles. There is a HUGE variety of foods that can be consumed in your diet, and the more you try to include in your diet, the better. This is especially the case for fruits and vegetables.
Foods you should be getting more of:
- Lean beef, chicken, tukey and pork - Perfectly engineered to build and repair human muscle and other tissues involved with growth.
- Fish and fish oil - Fish has the same quality protein as the lean meats mentioned above, but you also get the benefit of the healthy fats found in fish.
- Nuts (as well as olive oil and avocado) - High in monounsaturated fat which is important for testosterone.
- Fruits and vegetables - Packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals. These keep you healthy, fight off cancer and can help you to look younger too.
- Whole grains and beans - Excellent low GI, high fibre source of carbohydrate.
- Low fat dairy - Essential for bone strength.
You might remember the tall guys in high school who always got picked for sports, or who always got the girls. Or maybe you're still watching the tall guys at work getting promoted, or getting beautiful women. You don't have to watch anymore, thanks to height shoes, you can play.
Another Solution - Wearing Height Increasing Shoes
Enter the elevator shoe industry, also known as height increasing shoe industry. Height- increasing or elevator shoes, became popular as short men started wearing them to compensate for their lack of height. Thousands of men all over the world want high quality, height increasing shoes that not only look good and fit comfortably, but discreetly added inches to their height as well. The right elevator shoes will make you feel amazing at a party, in a meeting or in a job interview because of the confidence that simply being taller gives you. Women have make up, hair products and push up bras to help them look good. Men have Altitude Shoes.
So how do these shoes work? A good pair of height increasing shoes such as Altitude Shoes can make you look up to 4 inches taller, and nobody will know your secret. From the outside, they are simply stylish men's footwear. However, the real magic occurs inside the shoe, where a separate insole adds discreet inches to your height. The mid-soles help to preserve the good condition of your leather insoles so you can get the most out of your shoes and the outer soles have a heel that adds another inch or two. Combine these aspects and you have up to 4 inches of extra height.
Well-designed elevator shoes are as comfortable as they are stylish. The shoes have a normal heel making it almost impossible to discern from any ordinary casual dress or business shoe. They can be for long term wear or taken out on special occasions such as weddings or dinner parties (our customers particularly like wearing their pair when meeting new people). Most men choose to wear elevator shoes in their everyday movements because they become accustomed to the feeling of being taller and being more confident as a result.
There Is Hope – Short Individuals Who Made A Tall Impact
There are literally hundreds of famous individuals who have disproved the theory that being short impedes success. Take a look at some names below of successful musicians, actors and performing artists - all of whom were under 5'5".
- At 5'4", Ludwig van Beethoven made it to the top as a composer in his time. He was famous for being a pianist of great fantasy and verve, admired in particular for his brilliant improvisations.
- Danny Devito is an outstanding example of a successful man. Standing at 5' 0" the actor turned director has put his name next to leading roles of many big budget hollywood films, going on to producing a few of his own including Pulp Fiction. Not bad for a guy 5 feet tall.
- Pablo Ruiz Picasso was an artist of the early 20th century whose work remains famous today. Picasso was 5'4", regarded as a boy genius, he and his art inspired many 20th century movements.
- At 5'5", Dustin Hoffman was a pioneer in Hollywood's use of average- looking actors. What he lacked in height, he made up for with charisma and explosive presence on set leading to his acquisition of Academy and Best Actor awards.
The Altitude Shoes Founder
Altitude Shoes was born when its founder, James Silverstone, wanted more out of his life and realised what it took to do just that. An ambitious man, he achieved excellence in several fields; however, there was something he felt was missing.
He was short. And wanted to be taller.
So, he set out to turn this short-term disadvantage into a long-term advantage.
After trying numerous methods, some of which worked, some of which didn't (discussed further below). He found that he wanted high quality, height increasing shoes that not only looked good and fit comfortably, but discreetly added inches to his height as well.
After doing some research and discovering the industry of height- increasing footwear, James started wearing height- increasing shoes and noticed a difference in the way people interacted with him, particularly people he felt intimidated by prior to having this newfound height and confidence. Unfortunately, however, he was also a victim of poor quality products that tore apart; felt uncomfortable and some shoes even had the hight- increasing mechanism so obviously exposed that people could tell he was wearing elevator shoes.
Instead of risking more disappointment and wasting more money, James took the time and effort to design his own catalogue of height increasing shoes, with careful detail paid to aesthetic appeal, comfort and using quality material such as leather. This eventually grew to become 'Altitude Shoes'. Since our launch in November 2009, Altitude Shoes has continued to evolve in size and structure of its production ventures through calculated achievements and investments.
Today, Altitude Shoes is one of the best and most reliable manufacturers of high quality height- increasing footwear for men and is continually growing on a daily basis with an ever- increasing client base. This comes to no surprise to us as we strive to provide exceptional service and support to our customers, and we believe it is this attitude that places us at the forefront of the height- increasing footwear industry.